Due to Chaitanya in Idols of Shri Ganapati on immersion it purifies the water. With the flowing water, this Chaitanya reaches far and wide and many people benefit from them. This water evaporates, too; hence, it makes the atmosphere sattvik (Sattva-predominant).
A. ‘Donation of Idol’ is unscientific, ‘immersion of Idol’ is most appropriate : It is mentioned in the scriptures, that immersion of Shri Ganesh Idol should necessarily be done in flowing water or a reservoir. However, some people view the immersion of the Idol as an act that causes water pollution, famine etc. As a remedy on this problem, some anti-Hindus make a ridiculous appeal to the people to donate Idols instead of immersing them. Besides being unscientific, the donation of Idols is an insult to Shri Ganesh. The following are the reasons why the donation of Idol is unscientific.
- Immersing an Idol (that is consecrated) on Shri Ganesh Chaturthi in the Bhadrapad month is a religious ritual as per the scriptures.
- To donate a Deity or to accept the Deity’s donation is a grave insult to Deities, for we humans do not have the capability to give or accept Deities in donation.
- An Idol is not a toy or a show piece that can be discarded or donated after use as per one’s whims and fancies.
It has been observed that the workers of anti-Hindu organisations collect the Idols and throw them in stone quarries. This is how they dispose of the objects of our faith. Why should we allow such an insult of Dharma (Righteousness) ?
Every year, Hindu Janajagruti Samiti organises and effects a campaign to create awareness among people on this issue. Do not donate Idols; and for protection of Dharma, participate in these campaigns organized by Hindu Janajagruti Samiti !
B. How to immerse an Idol in critical circumstances ? : Certain regions do not have reservoirs with enough water for immersion. At some other places, all the sources of water are polluted, making them unsuitable for immersion of the Idol. Likewise, because of a famine or a calamity in a place, Idol immersion may not be possible. Such a situation can be tackled in the following two ways :
- Instead of consecrating an Idol, place a betel nut and worship it symbolically as Shri Ganapati. The betel nut can be immersed in a small well or a stream.
- Buy a new metal Idol of Shri Ganapati for the Chaturthi festival and worship it after consecration. Though a Ganapati Idol is always present in daily worship, the reason for bringing a new Idol is as follows – The Ganesh waves descend onto the earth in a larger proportion on Shri Ganesh Chaturthi. If they are invoked in our daily worship, the Idol will get charged with tremendous amount of energy. It will become difficult to honour such an Idol possessing tremendous amount of energy with meticulous ritualistic worship throughout the year; for it means strictly following the restrictions of Karmakanḍa. Hence, a new metal Idol should be bought. Such an Idol need not be actually immersed in water. At the time of immersion, keep some akshata on the palm of the Idol and move the Idol a little with the right hand. With this, the Principle in the Idol also is immersed. Such an Idol need not be worshipped daily. Next year, this Idol may again be consecrated and worshipped.
If you liked this article or want to share some information with us then do write us in the comment section below. You can drop your queries on +919152203064 or on firstname.lastname@example.org . For more such updates do like our page http://www.facebook.com/jaymahakaal01/ and keep visiting www.jaymahakaal.com