Kamada Ekadashi 2023: Ekadashi is an auspicious day in the Hindu calendar dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It falls on the 11th day (Ekadashi) of the waxing phase of the moon in the Hindu month of Chaitra (March-April). This day is considered very important for the devotees of Lord Vishnu and is believed to have the power to eliminate sins and grant wishes.
Ekadashi is considered to be one of the most auspicious day. Most of the devotees get involve in religious and spiritual activities. Devotees observe a strict fast on this day. Ekadashi day is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It falls twice a month, one during Shukla Paksha and another during Krishna Paksha. As per Drik Panchang, Kamada Ekadashi is being observed on Ekadashi Tithi of Shukla Paksha in the month of Chaitra i.e., on April 1, 2023.
Kamada Ekadashi Story 2023:
According to the legend, there was a demon named Lalit who had a boon that he could not be killed by anyone except a woman. He became arrogant and started harassing people. To save the world, Lord Vishnu took the form of Mohini, a beautiful woman, and killed the demon. The day on which this event took place is celebrated as Kamada Ekadashi.
Steps to Perform Puja on Kamada Ekadashi 2023
Performing puja on Kamada Ekadashi is believed to bring happiness, prosperity, and peace. Here are the steps to perform the puja:
- Wake up early in the morning, take a bath, and wear clean clothes.
- Place a picture or idol of Lord Vishnu on a clean surface and decorate it with flowers and garlands.
- Light a lamp and some incense sticks and offer them to the deity.
- Offer fruits, sweets, and other food items to Lord Vishnu.
- Chant the Vishnu Sahasranama or other prayers dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- Donate food and clothes to the needy and seek blessings from elders.
- Keep a fast on this day and break it on the next day after performing the puja.
1. Do not pluck Tulsi leaf on the day of Ekadashi as it is considered to be inauspicious. You can pluck it a day before Ekadashi and keep it in water over night to keep it fresh.
2. Do not eat non vegetarian food, onion and garlic as this food comes under Tamsik food items which is prohibited on this sacred day.
3. Do not consume alcohol and cigarette on this day.
4. Do not speak ill about others.
Kamada Ekadashi: Date and Time
Kamada Ekadashi: Saturday, April 1, 2023
Parana Time: April 2, 1.40 PM to 4.10 PM
Ekadashi Tithi Starts At 1.58 AM on April 01, 2023
Ekadashi Tithi Ends At 4.19 AM on April 02, 2023
“Parana means breaking the fast. Ekadashi Parana is done after sunrise on next day of Ekadashi fast. It is necessary to do Parana within Dwadashi Tithi unless Dwadashi is over before sunrise. Not doing Parana within Dwadashi is similar to an offence,” mentions Drik Panchang.
1. Om Namo Bhagvate Vasudevaye..!!
2. Shree Krishna Govind Hare Murari Hey Nath Narayan Vasudeva..!!
3. Achyutam Keshvam Krishna Damodaram Ram Narayanam Janki Vallabham..!!
4. Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare, Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare..!!
5. Ram Ram Raameti Rame Raame Manorame, Sahastranaam Tatulyam Ram Naam Varanane..!!
– This Vrat can help to regain the lost virtues of life.
– Many people keep fasting on this day to seek forgiveness for their past wrongdoings.
– Married couples observe fast on Kamada Ekadashi to get the blessing of a child. It is nothing less than a pathway that leads people to the Vaikuntha, the abode of Lord Vishnu.
Observing the Kamada Ekadashi vrata and performing puja with devotion is believed to grant the blessings of Lord Vishnu and fulfill one’s wishes.
If you liked this article or want to share some information with us then do write us in the comment section below.
Comment below your views. We would love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to us on our Social Channels to never miss out on any updates from us.