What is Aakash Mudra and it’s benefits? – Jay Mahakaal
May 26, 2019
Aakash mudra activates the visuddha (throat) chakra, which governs communication, self-expression, truth and purification.
It is recommended to practice aakash mudra in a quiet setting, while meditating and focusing on the breath if possible.
This should be done for 30 to 45 minutes a day, especially between the hours of 2 to 6 a.m. or 2 to 6 p.m……30 to 45 minutes continuously or 10 to 15 minutes at a time 4 times a day.
Precautions for the practice of Aakash vardhak mudra.
Increase in Aakash leads to eliminate the metabolic waste from the body. The increase in the internal space leads to increase the remaining four elements and affording them room to act.
Aakash vardhak mudra is one of the best mudras that stimulates noble and peaceful thoughts. The practice of this mudra will enables you to take rapid strides along the path of salvation
Aakash element is also a part of Vata constitution . The practice of Aakash-vardhak mudra reinforces the Vata humor and if you are a Vata constitutional person then practice this mudra in moderation only.
Benefits of Aakash mudra or Aakash-vardhak mudra:
1. If you need to develop noble and elevated thoughts, the Aakash mudra is the best choice.
2. If you need to improve your extra sensory powers, this mudra is the best.
3. If you desire to detoxify the body, then Aakash mudra is one of the best choices.
4. To overcome a feeling of fullness or heaviness in the body or body parts.
5. Reduce the discomfort caused by over eating.
6.The practice of this mudra gives relief from pain and congestion in the head( due to a migraine or sinusitis), ear pain, and chest pain.
7. Aakash vardhak mudra controls high blood pressure, irregular heart beats and angina pectoris.
Other uses for Akash Mudra are the following:
1) It helps alleviate heart disease,
2) Provides a cure for toothache.
3) Reduces ear pain
4) Helps reduce weight